DFI Legends Award
The DFI and the DFI Educational Trust established the DFI Legends Award to honor three practitioners - an engineer, contractor and manufacturer/supplier - that have made significant contributions and advancements to the research, design, construction, manufacturing and use of deep foundations.
The following criteria are considered by the committee in selecting the recipients:
- Impact, value and sustainability (contributions they made are still pivotal to the technological advancements we have today) of achievements
- Pioneering contributions
- Exceptional industry leader; visionary, mentor
- Technological ingenuity, innovation and/or application of advancements of design, construction or equipment
- Steadfast professionalism, character and integrity
- Ingenuity of design and construction techniques
- Broad impact on industry
Submit your nomination package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DFI LEGENDS AWARD HONOREES
2015 Engineering Legend: George J. Tamaro, P.E., consultant, Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers
2015 Contractor Legend: Charles J. Berkel (posthumously), past chairman of the board of Berkel & Company Contractors, Inc.
2015 Manufacturer/Supplier Legend: Davide Trevisani, president and founder of TREVI Group