The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) was started in 1981 to recognize individuals who have made exceptionally valuable contributions to the advancement of the deep foundations industry.
Submissions for the 2013 Awards are due by April 15, 2013.
Submit your nomination package via email to email@example.com
Rules & Guidelines
- An individual in the deep foundations industry
- The nominee can be in an active job position or retired
- Nominations can be posthumous
- Nominees do not have to be DFI members
- Nominees will be considered for three years then they must be renominated
- Any DFI member can nominate a candidate
- A statement of reasons for nomination (500 words or less)
- A brief one-page Curriculum Vitae of the nominee
- Completed nomination form
Consideration given to duration of career in industry, industry leadership, technological leadership, technological innovation, strength of curriculum vitae, character, DFI contributions and accomplishments, and contributions to the advancement of the deep foundations industry
The Executive Committee and Board of Trustees each rank the nominees from 1 to 5 and provide individual rankings to the DSA Committee for consideration. The DSA Committee ranks the nominees on a scale of 1 to 10 based on the award criteria, tallies the rankings and reports the results to the DFI president and executive director. The board votes on the highest-rated nominee for the DSA.
The DSA Committee is an anonymous judging committee selected by the appointed DSA Committee chair and the DFI president, and approved by the Board of Trustees. Members being considered for the current year’s DSA are not eligible to serve on the DSA Committee in the year they are considered for award.
- The award may not be made to more than one individual each year. A selection each year is not mandatory.
- The award is presented to the recipient by the chair of the Award Committee or DFI president at the Awards Banquet held during the Annual Conference on Deep Foundations.
- The winner receives a bronze replica of a Leonardo da Vinci pile driver mounted on a marble base.
- The winner’s name is inscribed on a permanent plaque of all recipients, which is displayed at each Annual Conference.
|2012||DAVID COLEMAN||UNDERPINNING & FOUNDATIONS SKANSKA, INC.|
|2011||DAN BROWN||DAN BROWN AND ASSOCIATES PC|
|2010||RICHARD SHORT||RICHARD D. SHORT CONSULTING GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER|
|2009||JOEL MOSKOWITZ||MUESER RUTLEDGE CONSULTING ENGINEERS|
|2008||M. BYRL WILLIAMS||FOUNDATION CONSTRUCTORS INC.|
|2007||CHARLES J. BERKEL||BERKEL & COMPANY CONTRACTORS INC.|
|2006||LARRY RAYBURN||RICHARD GOETTLE INC.|
|2005||JOHN E. O'MALLEY||CASE FOUNDATION COMPANY|
|2004||ALEXANDER J. VERSTRAETEN||FUNDEX PILING CONTRACTORS|
|2003||FRANK RAUSCHE||GRL ENGINEERS INC.|
|2002||MICHAEL W. O'NEILL||UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON|
|2001||STANLEY MERJAN||UNDERPINNING & FOUNDATION CONSTRUCTORS INC.|
|2000||WILLIAM F. LOFTUS||WILLIAM F. LOFTUS ASSOCIATES|
|1999||GEORGE J. TAMARO||MUESER RUTLEDGE CONSULTING ENGINEERS|
|1998||MANUEL A. FINE||BERMINGHAM CONSTRUCTION LIMITED &
DFI EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
|1997||JACK DOUGHERTY||PILELINE PUBLISHING|
|1996||BEN C. GERWICK, JR.||BEN C. GERWICK, INC.|
|1995||GEORGE G. GOBLE||PILE DYNAMICS INC.|
|1994||G. ROBERT COMPTON, JR.||MKT GEOTECHNICAL SYSTEMS INC. &
DFI EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
|1993||BENGT FELLENIUS||UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA|
|1992||C. WILLIAM BERMINGHAM||BERMINGHAM CONSTRUCTION LTD.|
|1991||RICHARD J. GOETTLE III||RICHARD GOETTLE, INC.|
|1990||M. TOM DAVISSON||M.T. DAVISSON CONSULTING ENGRS.|
|1989||JORJ O. OSTERBERG||NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY|
|1988||THOMAS E. CANDLER||THE MILLGARD CORPORATION|
|1987||CLYDE N. BAKER, JR.||STS CONSULTANTS, LTD.|
|1986||FRANK FULLER||RAYMOND INTERNATIONAL|
|1985||PATRICK A. ERIC O'NEILL||NEW ENGLAND FOUNDATION CO.|
|1984||RALPH PECK||UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS|
|1983||ELIO D'APPOLONIA||D'APPOLONIA HOLDING CORP.|
|1982||HAL W. HUNT||ASSOCIATED PILE & FITTING CORP.|
|1981||CHARLES L. GUILD||GUILD DRILLING CO.|
tel: 973.423.4030 - fax: 973.423.4031 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2013 Deep Foundations Institute, All Rights Reserved website design: PolarSoft® Inc.