The Outstanding Project Award (OPA) was established in 1997 to recognize the superior work of DFI members. Each year, a project is chosen from several geotechnical projects submitted for consideration by DFI members.
Submissions for the 2013 Awards are due by April 15, 2013.
Submit your nomination package via email to email@example.com
or on CD/disk via mail to:
326 Lafayette Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
Rules & Guidelines
- Any type or size deep foundation or deep excavation project fully completed within three years of the deadline
- Any DFI member can nominate a project
- One-page project summary including completion date and project team (owner, engineer, GC, foundation contractor)
- Up to 10 high-resolution digital photos
- Completed nomination form
- Entry fee
Consideration given to ingenuity of design and construction techniques, how the design met the owner’s needs and how the design solved geotechnical conditions.
In the first round, the committee reviews projects and determines finalists based on a point system. In the second round, the committee rates finalists and establishes the winner. (Judges can select more than one winner per year.)
The OPA Committee is an anonymous judging committee appointed by the DFI president and approved by the Board of Trustees.
- The OPA is presented at the Awards Banquet held at the DFI Annual Conference on Deep Foundations.
- The company nominating the project is the recipient of the award unless they determine differently and notify DFI of the company to be recognized.
- Additional copies of the award are available at cost at the winner's request for other companies involved in the project.
- A 10-minute project presentation at the DFI Annual Conference is required.
- The OPA project is the cover story for DFI’s magazine, Deep Foundations. Support for the article is required from the recipient project applicant, including article and photos.
- Special Recognition Awards for other projects nominated that year are awarded at the discretion of the committee and may be featured in Deep Foundations magazine.
LIST OF OUTSTANDING PROJECT AWARDEES
tel: 973.423.4030 - fax: 973.423.4031 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2013 Deep Foundations Institute, All Rights Reserved website design: PolarSoft® Inc.