The Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship Fundraising Dinner was first held in Toronto in September 2017.
The Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship Fund was established in 2013 with generous donations from the Heavy Construction Association of Ontario and Ontario Association of Foundation Specialists. This was followed by similar donations from the Heavy Construction Association of Toronto and from Bermingham Foundation Solutions. The fund honors Manuel Fine, who served DFI for 24 years in many roles, including trustee, president, executive director, managing editor of Deep Foundations magazine, and in recent years, as publisher of the DFI Journal. The fund will provide scholarships only for civil engineering students attending universities in the Province of Ontario. Fine is a graduate of the University of Toronto.
All proceeds from this dinner benefit the DFI Educational Trust, Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship Fund.
- 2017: Lauren Augustin, University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada
- 2017: Yaman Zahra, Western University in London, Ontario, Canada
- 2016: Patrick Marquis, University of Toronto
- 2016: Daniel Currie, McMaster University in Hamilton, ON, Canada.
- 2017: Andy Lederman, Commercial Director, Crosslinx Transit Solutions – Constructors