The award to an individual, team or company, and pays tribute to Ben Gerwick, recognizing his innovative spirit and his many contributions to the design and construction of marine foundations. Gerwick had a 62-year professional career as a contractor, educator and construction engineer.
Ben C. Gerwick, Jr.
Ben C. Gerwick, Jr. represented the highest level of engineering excellence both personally and professionally. The phenomenal achievements of his 62-year career include world-class innovations in marine foundations. He reached the pinnacle of his profession as a contractor, an educator and a construction engineer.
The award is presented annually at the SuperPile conference or every third year at the International Foundations Conference & Equipment Expo (IFCEE). A portion of the proceeds from this event benefit the DFI Educational Trust Scholarship Fund. Recipients are chosen by DFI Marine Foundations Committee.
Past recipients of the award:
- 2016 Traylor-Massman-Weeks Joint Venture
- 2015 Proserve Grout Bag, Proserve
- 2014 Prof. Gray Mullins, University of South Florida
- 2013 BAUER Maschinen GmbH and BAUER Spezialtiefbau GmbH
- 2012 Patrick Bermingham, Bermingham Foundation Solutions
- 2011 George Goble
- 2010 David Anderson, of the Kiewit Corporation
- 2009 The Osterberg Load Cell/LoadTest, Inc.
- 2008 Menck, GmbH (An ACTEON Company)