The DFI Educational Trust is proud to present Scrap for Scholars, a fundraising initiative targeted at companies with construction sites that produce metal waste such as used tools, excess rebar, steel templates, etc. These companies are encouraged to donate the proceeds received from the recycled waste to the general fund of the DFI Educational Trust to support its programs and activities. The Trust's programs help civil engineering students attain their educational goals and continue on to careers in the deep foundations industry.
Recycling has never been so purposeful — your recycled metal could help pay for a future civil engineer's college expenses.
In addition to helping a student's dream come true, here are some additional benefits:
- Tax deductions, to the extent permitted by law
- Acknowledgement and recognition of your company in the Deep Foundations magazine, DFI Trust eNewsletter and at the DFI Annual Conference
- Improvement of your corporate reputation
- Increased company recognition among civil engineering students
- Raised awareness of recycling on construction job sites