The DFI Educational Trust and the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Women in Deep Foundations Committee are proud to provide professional development grant opportunities to women involved in design and construction of deep foundations. The goal of DFI's Women in Deep Foundations Committee is to increase networking opportunities and improve retention of female professionals in the deep foundations industry. The future of our industry depends upon diversity, which can be influenced by encouraging promising female professionals to remain in deep foundations careers.
- Candidates must be women currently or formerly employed in the deep foundations industry or academia.
- Applicant must be recommended by their current or past employer's company leadership.
- Grants are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant's race, color, religion, age, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
☐ Completed and signed application form.
☐ Personal essay, no more than 500 words, highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, applicant's interests and experiences in the deep foundations industry, applicant's future professional development plans, and applicant's intention to continue involvement with the Women in Deep Foundations Committee and the DFI organization.
☐ One-page résumé, including education, work experience, activities, organizations and professional affiliations.
☐ One letter of recommendation from applicant's company leadership or past employer recommending the applicant for the grant, including a description of how the applicant will benefit from the grant and wider exposure to the DFI Women in Deep Foundations Committee and the DFI organization, and outlining the employer's professional development support for the applicant.
Five grants, of $1750 each and a free full annual conference registration, will be awarded in 2017. The grants must be used to cover lodging, meals, travel, and other related expenses for the recipients' attendance of DFI's 42nd Annual Conference on Deep Foundations in New Orleans, October 24-27, 2017. The recipients will be featured in the DFI magazine Deep Foundations and will be recognized at the Annual Conference in New Orleans during the Women in Deep Foundations Committee's reception and the Awards Dinner. Recipients will each receive a check in the amount of $1,750 at the end of the Conference, contingent upon their attending the following: WiDF Committee's reception, Awards Dinner, WiDF Committee meeting, and at least one session of the Conference.
- One complete application (including application form, essay, résumé, and letter of recommendation) must be received at DFI headquarters postmarked or emailed no later than May 15, 2017. All required application items must be collected by the applicant and sent to DFI Headquarters as one complete package. Application packages missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- DFI will notify all applicants of the status of their applications no later than July 1, 2017.
Deadline: Complete application packages must be received at the following address, postmarked no later than May 15, 2017:
DFI Women in Deep Foundations Committee Grant
326 Lafayette Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506