DFI Partners on SEFE 8 in São Paulo, Brazil this June, Six DFI Members Speaking
DFI is partnering with ABEF, SINABEF, ABMS and ABEG — all Brazilian geotechnical and foundation societies — to host the 8th Seminar on Special Foundations Engineering and Geotechnics. The seminar is being held June 23-25, 2015 in São Paulo, Brazil, in conjunction with the 2nd Exhibition of Industry Foundations and Geotechnics.
Confirmed speakers representing DFI include:
- Maurice Bottiau, from Franki Foundations Belgium, presenting “Current Status, Challenges and Future Trends in Foundations”
- Dr. Samuel Paikowsky, from University of Massachusetts, Lowell, presenting “Reliability Relating to Dynamic Testing/Integrity Testing”
- Serge Varaksin from Menard, and vice-chairman of the TC-211 committee for ISSMGE, speaking on ground improvement
- Dr. Antonio Marinucci, from American Equipment, and Bernie Hertlein from GEI Consultants, speaking about the results of the DFI Drilled Shaft and Bored Pile Workshop
- Luca Bruni, from Servizi e Costruzioni S.r.l., speaking on the EFFC-DFI Carbon Calculator project
An opening event will be held on Tuesday, June 23, with plenary sessions on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Following the presentations each day will be panel discussions on various topics. The conference closes at the end of the day on Thursday, June 25.
To register and to view sponsorship opportunities go to: http://www.sefe8.com.br/