DFI Educational Trust Announces New Fundraising Initiative “Scrap for Scholars”
The DFI Educational Trust has launched Scrap for Scholars, a fundraising initiative targeted at companies with construction sites and manufacturing plants that produce metal waste such as used tools, excess rebar and steel templates. Companies are encouraged to donate the proceeds received from the recycled waste to the general fund of the DFI Educational Trust to support its programs and activities. The Trust’s programs help civil engineering students attain their educational goals and continue on to careers in the deep foundations industry.
“Recycling has never been so purposeful,” says M. Byrl Williams, P.E., of Foundation Constructors Inc., and chair of the DFI Educational Trust Board of Trustees. “Your recycled metal can fund programs that encourage students in the fields of studies related to the deep foundations industry by providing scholarships and opportunities to meet and work with deep foundations industry leaders.”
Other benefits of donating include:
- Tax deductions, to the extent permitted by law
- Acknowledgement and recognition of your company in DFI’s Deep Foundations magazine, the DFI Trust eNewsletter and at the DFI Annual Conference
- Improvement of your corporate reputation
- Increased company recognition among civil engineering students
- Raised awareness of recycling on construction job sites
More information is available at www.dfitrust.org.