DFI Annual Student and Young Professor Paper Competitions: Call for Papers Open
DFI announces that the Call for Papers is open for the annual Student Paper Competition and Young Professor Paper Competition. Abstracts for the Student Paper Competition are due on Friday, March 8. Abstracts for the Young Professional Paper Competition are due March 15.
The winners are invited to attend DFI’s 44th Annual Conference on Deep Foundations (#DFI44), October 15-18 in Chicago, to present their papers. Winners also receive free conference registration, two nights of lodging and a $1,000 stipend for travel expenses. Both the winner and first runner-up will receive a library of up to 20 DFI Publications and a gratis two-year DFI Individual Membership. Their winning papers will be considered for publication in the DFI Journal.
Papers are being solicited on the following topics relating to deep foundations design and construction. Papers on innovations and advancements that focus on a safe and sustainable future with respect to technology, safety, equipment and workforce are specifically encouraged for this year’s competition.
- Crawl, Walk, Run: Improving Future Practice
- Developments in Safe Geo- Construction
- The Digital Future
- Efficient Deep Foundations, Earth Retention Systems and Ground Improvements
- The Future of Urban Development/Redevelopment
- The Future of Work: Progress in Our Industry
- 21st Century Infrastructure Needs
- Other Topics in Deep Foundations
For more information on the criteria and submission guidelines or to apply, visit www.dfitrust.org and select ‘Programs.’