DFI Europe to Host Pile Integrity Testing Seminar in Belgium
September 12, 2019
DFI Europe, in collaboration with the DFI Testing and Evaluation Committee, is organizing a one-day seminar, Existing and Innovative Methods in Pile Integrity Testing: Quality Assurance of Foundation Piles, on Thursday, September 12, 2019, at the Belgian Research Road Centre (6 km from Brussels airport) in Belgium.
The seminar highlights conventional and innovative pile integrity testing methods, with a focus on the possibilities and the limitations of the different methods and how to use the results. Particular attention will be given to the testing of existing foundations for reuse. This event is a good opportunity to exchange ideas with other scientists, engineers, manufacturers, users and clients.
The program includes the following presentations:
- What Do We Expect from Integrity Testing and How to Use the Results?: Rolf Katzenbach, Technical University of Darmstadt
- Conventional Methods: Techniques and Applications: Teemu Riihimäki, Junttan Oy
- Pile Inspect: Ernst Niederleithinger, Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und – prüfung (BAM)
- Analysis of Low Strain Impact Testing: Marcel Bielefeld, Allnamics
- Thermal and Sonar Methods: Oswald Klingmüller, GSP mbH
- Retesting of Existing Pile Foundations: Requirements for a Successful Investigation: Tony Butcher, retired from BRE
- Testing the Inclination of Deep Foundations: Joram Amir, Piletest
- Panel Discussion: Moderator: Alain Holeyman, UCL
- Conclusions: Horses for Courses: Gerald Verbeek, Chair, DFI Testing and Evaluation Committee
To register to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.dfi.org/EuropeTesting19.
About DFI Europe: DFI Europe was established in 2005 as a Regional Chapter of the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) for European DFI Members, who enjoy the benefits of joint DFI and DFI Europe membership. Since 2005, DFI Europe has hosted several conferences and workshops, formed technical committees and developed state of the art guidelines and tools for topics within our industry. Our mission is to support our members with the newest information and developments, create platforms for networks, attract new members such as young engineers, students, and experienced specialists from all fields of deep foundation industry.