DFI Educational Trust Awards 23 Scholarships to Students Pursuing Careers in Deep Foundations
In July, Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust, the charitable arm of DFI, awarded 23 scholarships totaling $60,000 to students pursuing careers in civil, and geotechnical engineering.
Thomas J. Wysockey Civil Engineering Scholarship ($5,000 each)
- Tyler Kleinsasser, graduate student, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- Hunter VanSchoubroek, freshman, Texas A&M University
John O’Malley Civil Engineering Scholarship ($5,000)
- Prakash Ghimire, graduate student, Virginia Tech
First Francis Gularte Scholarship ($2,500)
- Gaby Vasquez, graduate student, Texas Tech University
Fred H. Kulhawy Memorial Scholarship Fund (first award from this fund) ($2,500)
- Nicolet Chovancak, graduate student, University of South Carolina
Michael L. Condon Civil Engineering Scholarship ($5,000)
- Erin Nebel, graduate student, University of Colorado – Boulder
DFI Educational Trust General Scholarship
The funding for the 2019 General Scholarships came from the Charles J. Berkel Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Timothy Keefe, senior, University of Rhode Island
- Nicholas Riesterer, senior, University of Michigan
- Emily Adelsohn, graduate student, University of Pittsburgh
- David Blake, graduate student, Brigham Young University
- Johnathan Blanchard, graduate student, University of Arkansas
- Mindy Castle, senior, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- Stephen Crawford, graduate student, University of Florida
- Manish Dulal, graduate student, Virginia Tech
- Hwanik Ju, graduate student, Virginia Tech
- Nice Kaneza, graduate student, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Jesus Magdaleno, senior, Oregon State University
- Kimberly Martin, graduate student, Arizona State University
- John McDavid, freshman, Texas A&M University
- Dominick Prudente, graduate student, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Milad Souri, graduate student, Portland State University
- Tat Shing Thum, graduate student, Virginia Tech
- Anh Tran, graduate student, University of Arkansas
The DFI Educational Trust manages 17 scholarship programs funded by endowments, donations and fundraising events. Since 2006, the Trust has awarded $1.1 million in scholarships to more than 300 students studying at colleges and universities across the United States and the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Donations to the DFI Educational Trust scholarship funds can be made online at www.dfitrust.org.
Contact: Emilio S. Fandino, Trust Administrator, (973) 423-4030, [email protected].