Groundwork - Student Programs (DFI of India)
Committee members (L to R)
Prof. A. Boominathan, IIT Madras
Prof. Amit Prashant, IIT Gandhinagar
Prof. Umashanker, IIT Hyderabad
- Supplement academic coursework with practical design, construction, QC/QA topics
- Provide professional development teaching for personal growth in career planning
- Highlight various roles involved in foundation construction projects (engineer, contractor, manufacturer, owner, in addition to academic)
- Describe various types of careers within these project roles and introduce students to companies in deep foundations
- Raise awareness of DFI and its chapters and resources available through membership
- Provide DFI companies an audience with potential employees and corporate showcase opportunities
Free Student Membership: As a student, you can become a DFI member for free* and benefit from all the opportunities DFI offers. Student Individual Membership is allowed for students enrolled in a deep foundations related curriculum/master's in Geotechnical Engineering* for up to two years or until course duration, and who provide a copy of their college ID with submission of their application.
Free Monthly Webinar Series: Regularly scheduled 1.5 hour webinar programs are presented to include both technical presentations by world renowned experts in specialised fields, and professional development sessions featuring presentations and panel discussions on soft skills needed by students to be successful as they pursue their career beyond the classroom.
DFII Annual Conference Program: DFII annual conferences offer multiple opportunities for students to develop their professional network and pursue internship/career prospects while continuing to learn about the latest foundation techniques from experts in the field.
Paper competitions are regularly conducted at conferences, and awardees of best papers are rewarded with citation certificates, free registration to the conference and other benefits.
OneMine: Free, unlimited downloads of 140,000+ papers and articles on mining, tunnelling and deep foundations construction from this online document library that includes all DFI publications older than one year. To access OneMine, login to your myDFI account.
Deep Foundations Digital Magazine: Free access to DFI's flagship publication, which provides 4-5 technical articles in each bi-monthly issue on state-of-the-art projects, new techniques, products and technology, plus news on DFI's technical activities and events. Click here to view current and past issues.
DFI Journal: Visit www.dfi-journal.org, login with your myDFI information and access all Journal papers from the 2007 inaugural issue to the current volume.
Groundwork Webinar Sessions: